Saturday 9 April 2016

Hello everyone. As another newbie I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Tricia Revest and quilting has been my serious hobby for over 20 years ever since I saw the Contemporary American Quilts exhibition at the Crafts Council in 1993 and met Nancy Crow before I'd heard of her. From that day I knew I wanted to quilt. I joined London Quilters the following week and an obsession was born.

In October 2014 I retired from a career in teaching medical sciences and now spend quite a lot of time in my studio. I have tried lots of styles over the years but now seem to concentrate on free-form strip piecing, often using hand dyed fabrics, but want to start stretching myself more into surface design (and better free motion quilting).

I love music, especially opera and choral, walking, gardening and travelling. I am also a bit of an IT geek. I recently learnt to scuba dive, although I only like warm water like the Indian Ocean. Unfortunately I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer so joining an online group can help me get my quilting fix whilst being at home under treatment. I am a member of both the Contemporary and Modern groups of the Quilters Guild and love doing journal quilts, although I've yet to make a proper modern quilt (whatever that is). I look forward to being a part of this group too.

Best wishes

Tricia

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the group. You sound a most interesting person with lots of interests. I am an avid vegetable grower and could talk compost for hours. I love IT stuff too but am a bit out of date.
    Irene

    ReplyDelete