Friday 20 December 2013

Winterblues

As you can see I took the theme of winter'blues' rather literally :-). Background is made from torn strips of blue fabric placed overlapping each other. For the text I used my Cameo Silhouette to cut the shapes out of freezer paper. This machine has great potential, but it is a learning curve to get real good with it. The text was ironed to the background and paint was applied. Next step was to applique the trees and quilt around everything. All the fabric I used are my own hand dyed ones. The fabric for the trees is pounded

4 comments:

  1. Wil ,this is really lovely! So sorry I haven't had time to make a piece this month.Christmas greetings and all good wishes to you and all the group members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful piece. It really works so well with quite a range of blue shades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does give the feel of an extreme cold. I looked at the Cameo Silhouette some time ago and it seemed like there was a lot to learn, so it is interesting to read your comment and how you used it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the random cut background pieces. For me, it creates a multi-layered background that adds a lot of interest to the piece.

    Your trees are wonderful - cut so freely and naturally, and the text message is great. It's certainly how I feel about the lack of sunshine at this time of the year.

    Thank-you for sharing this piece.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete