Thursday 1 August 2013

Gable ends

I am so sorry that my own piece is late.





This shows a variety of different gable ends in the area around where I live. A number of the older houses were built in the mock Tudor style fashionable around the end of the 19th century and have black and white patterned tops to their gable ends marrying this with the local red brick. Others have interesting wooden edges leading on to whitewashed walls.







The piece is made up of bondawebbed fabrics onto to a loosely woven cheesecloth base. This has then been free machine stitched with some white pieces bondawebbed on and some extra detail added using a permanent marker.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely piece of work-it is most effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh HIlary this is just lovely, I don't use cheesecloth but will probably buy some at FOQs tomorrow, thank you, you have really inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much. This was rather an experiment for me.

    ReplyDelete