Sunday 17 March 2013

You might wonder what poem this is!  I have been working with this image and found this poem which partly reflects my view on trying 'foreign' plants.
Slender Agapanthus trembling in the breeze
Visited by hoverflies and bees,
here in this cooler land,  cherished
with such care and placed in tubs
beside old honeyed walls,
Have you forgotten with what abandon
you turned the hillsides blue?
I know how profligate you really are.
Seeing this shadow of how I saw you once,
I cannot bear the thought of you
Imprisoned in a tub.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sorry, in English: Beautiful!

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful.I can't work out how you have managed such realistic bees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I printed them on cotton by the computer and then painted them, and bondawebbed them on.

      Delete