Friday 30 September 2011

hot

My 'Hot' piece is completed just in time. Well completed, that is to say, the binding, sleeve and label still has to be attached but for the picture that does not make any difference. This piece started out as a plain black Kona on which I used metallic Lumiere paint with a textured gel print. I quilted flames on it and the words hot using a variegated red thread. Hmmm, not impressive enough so I added lots and lots of  beads in gold, yellow, orange and reds to finish it. The stitching of the beads followed the quilting lines. This proved to be more time consuming as I had expected/hoped.  But anyway, I managed to complete it just in time.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving details of the techniques used to make your piece. It is really interesting to read about the different techniques used in constructing these pieces.

    ReplyDelete