Saturday 24 September 2011

HI everyone, I'm back on board now thank goodness!
Red Hot Gibson was inspired by my son's 1977 Les Paul Gibson guitar which he plays in his group"So '77". It's a retro punk group and not my taste but he is very good indeed!
The background is uneven strips of my hand dyed silks and cottons ironed onto self bonding Vilene G405 and held down with layers of stitching. The guitar is a lamination made by using paper and polyester organza with Matt medium glue; the piece once dry is ironed and ironed and then washed to remove all the surplus paper before being attached to the fabrics with Misty Fuse.
Looking forward to the next challenge Irene, have you made a decision yet??
Best regards
Ann

1 comment:

  1. Your colours for the flames are stunning.

    My suggested theme is "Size is not Everything"

    Irene MacWilliam

    ReplyDelete